SR. WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER | Requisition #103830
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Web Applications Developer will join the CRI’s Custom Applications team, a group of seasoned developers responsible for creating and maintaining a wide variety of custom applications for research. This work contributes to the study of childhood cancer, the creation of multi-institution data sharing networks, the introduction of new models of clinical care, and the implementation of early childhood intervention programs, among other research (view some of their work here).
The Senior Web Applications Developer will work on a wide variety of projects. Day-to-day work in this role may include custom programming, data migration and validation, reporting from various information systems, creating new database schemas, evaluating and implementing open source software, and giving demonstrations of current projects.
The CRI Applications team works primarily with MSSQL Server, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, and C#. However, some work may require the use of other languages, specifically Java, PHP, and Python, so experience with these is a plus. Our team employs Agile software development methodologies.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree OR a minimum of five years of experience in the Information Technology field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience developing web applications (ASP.NET) in C# required.
- Minimum of three years experience developing web applications using ASP.NET MVC required.
- Minimum of three years experience writing T-SQL required.
- Experience with MVVM frameworks (Angular, Knockout JS) strongly preferred.
- Experience administering IIS strongly preferred.
- Experience with KendoUI preferred.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Solr, and Lucene preferred.
- Experience programming in PHP preferred.
- Experience with JQuery preferred.
- Experience with best practices for UI design/Human Factors preferred.
- Experience with multiple RDBMSs (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) preferred.
- Experience with data warehousing (both designing and querying) preferred.
- Experience with BI tools (Cognos, Tableau, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with Linux / Unix preferred.