- This event has passed.
CRI Seminar Series: Introduction to Reproducible Research via R Markdown
February 7 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Introduction to Reproducible Research via R Markdown
Speaker: Lei Huang, PhD
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2019
Location: KCBD 1103
Join the CRI Seminar Series for an overview of using R Markdown to make your research more robust and reproducible.
Senior Bioinformatician Lei Huang, PhD, will discuss best practices and tools to facilitate reproducible research in data analysis with a focus on the R programming language and software environment. The following topics will be discussed:
- What is reproducible research?
- What changes you can make to your research to make it more robust and reproducible?
- What is R Markdown?
- Learn the basic R Markdown syntax
- Learn to create an R Markdown document
- How to use Git through the RStudio interface (if time permits)
To participate in this workshop, you will need to bring your own laptop computer. Please prepare the following:
- Latest R 3.5.2 release (https://cran.r-project.org/)
- RStudio Desktop (https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download)
- Git (https://git-scm.com)
This session will assume that participants already have basic R programming knowledge, including data structure (list, vector, data frame, etc.), read and write files, simple statistical tests, and basic plots.
Please register to reserve your seat.